Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 49: 11 Month Mark


Hey everyone!


I hope everyone is doing great. First, I would like to say good luck to Riley Stephens and Hannah Ward as they both get ready to leave on their missions. They will both do great!

Everything went well with our trips this past week. We went to the temple twice and also had our zone conference in Vegas. As you can probably tell, there was a lot of driving involved. But it was all worth it. We went with Dan and Pat to do baptisms. It was such a testimony-building experience to see them get baptized on behalf of their ancestors and other family. Many of the names that were done were brothers and sisters, and grandmas and grandpas. It was really amazing.

I hit my 11 month mark tomorrow. That is really insane. In addition to that, this transfer will be over in about two weeks. With that coming up, I will probably be transferred somewhere else which is sad to think about. I really hoping to come back here to visit after my mission.

A scripture that I have come to love is in Hebrews 10:35-36. It says,
"Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise." Heavenly Father promises us so many different kinds of blessings, but we need to be patient. We can have confidence that He will fulfill his promises, but we also need to make sure that we are living up to our end of the bargain.

I felt sad to hear about Elder Perry. I have always loved his energy at the pulpit. Although it is sad to see him go, it's probably better that he didn't have to suffer through too many cancer treatments.

I hope y'all have a great week!

Love,

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment