Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 52: Tule Springs!

June 22, 2015

Hey everyone!

This past week has been awesome. I really am loving life here in the Tule Springs stake! Everything is going great. My new companion Elder Sutton and I have been working really hard, and have seen a lot of the fruits of those efforts already.

One thing that we have done a lot this past week is tracting. Knocking on doors doesn't sound fun when you first hear about it, but you get so many ridiculous stories, it's hilarious. One funny story happened when we knocked on one door. A black kid answered. We shook hands and then his mom in the background said "y'all should come in!" And then the kid said "nah, she's trippin'!" He told us to wait, and he closed the door. We waited for 15 minutes and he still didn't come back and so we walked away. But then he opened the door again to spray air freshener at us. I guess we smelled bad or something.

We have also had a lot of success from tracting. We have found around 12 potential investigators and have 3 people set for baptism, one of which is getting baptized this week. Things are really exciting, especially since I get along with my new companion so well. We both love music; it's awesome!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day! I would love to hear from all of you!

Have a great week!
 
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment