Monday, June 8, 2015

Week 50: In the Hospital

June 8. 2015

Hi everyone!

Just to update everybody on the situation, yes I found out that I had appendicitis yesterday. It wasn't too much fun, but now I have one more story to tell. The surgery was taken care of last night. I haven't been through a surgery before so it was a little bit scary, everything is ok now. I was released from the hospital this morning and am on the road to a speedy recovery. I want to say thanks to those who prayed on my behalf. I wasn't too confident going into the surgery, but I know for a fact that Heavenly Father helped me through it. Needless to say, I'm free!!!


We had a neat missionary experience yesterday. The man I was sharing a room with yesterday was a very well-spoken person and was also very outspoken about what he believed. The nurse asked me as part of one of the forms that had to be filled out what denomination I was. I replied that I was a Mormon. A few minutes later, the man began to talk to us about what he was in for. He told us what his condition was, what was needed to be done, that he needed faith in God to get through it, but wasn't sure he had the faith to go through with it. I replied, "Well, we're Mormon missionaries," to which he responded, "It had to be you guys." My companion and I talked with this guy for awhile about some church doctrines, and we exchanged phone numbers. It goes to show that you can have missionary experiences while being laid up in a hospital bed.

Here's a spiritual thought for the week:
Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God. (Helaman 3:35)

I have really come to love this scripture because it really makes it clear why we need fasting and prayer. Those two things help us to come to know Heavenly Father, and recognizing that relationship is what allows us to change!

I hope y'all have a great week! Thanks again for all the support!!

Elder Jones

P.s. I will send pics later
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment