Monday, June 15, 2015

Week 51: Leaving Logandale!

June 15, 2015

Hey everyone,

Although this week has been a little bit tough since my surgery, I am pretty much ready for whatever lies ahead. I have been trying to recover this past week, and so I haven't really been able to do much.  My companion and other missionaries have gotten a little bit
frustrated because of my lack of desire to sit down. I really don't like sitting around :(

On Tuesday morning, I was released from the hospital. That night, I told Elder Rathjen that I felt well enough to go to our dinner appointment. I didn't quite realize how much it would actually hurt.  We went, and I think I pretty much learned my lesson to sit for at least a couple days. The members who we had dinner with thought I was crazy. It's safe to say I made an effort to relax.

I received my transfer call on Saturday and found out that I will be serving in the Tule Springs stake in Vegas. I am familiar with some of the people in the ward that I will be serving in, so it should begreat! I am really sad to leave all my newfound friends in Logandale but the Lord has asked me to go somewhere else. That is the hardest thing about transfers. I think I am finally beginning to realize what it will feel like at the end of my mission.

It is exciting to look forward to a new area. There will be so many more opportunities to serve and to progress. There are lots of more people to meet, and lots more things to do. The Lord blesses those who press forward. It's as President Monson counseled--we need to find joy in the journey!

Hope you all have a wonderful week! Hope to hear from you!
 
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment