Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Week 39 - Transfers

Hey everyone!
Sorry for the late email. Yesterday was transfers and was a bit complicated. Elder Mingo was transferred and I was tasked with training a new greenie (again)! At first I thought President Ahlander was trying to kill me, but this new companionship is turning out pretty good so far. His name is Elder Rathjen, and you'll never guess where he's from. He's from Kansas City as well, and he even went to Shawnee Mission North High School. We get along great so far; I'm excited to train him!
The rest of the week has been sorta same old, same old. Nothing too crazy happened.

The highlight of the week was our lesson with Dan and Pat. Dan and Pat are still doing awesome! They didn't come to church on Sunday because they were sick, but we had an awesome experience last Tuesday. Dan had been struggling with the idea of temple ordinance work, but he was grabbing some water in the back room when it "hit him like a ton of bricks". Then he teared up and said, "I can help save my grandmother."

Those moments, when you see that light switch turn on in somebody and they feel the influence of the Holy Ghost, make all of the stress in between worth it! Thank you Spirit of Elijah! I really do love these people; hopefully, they have good fellowshippers after I leave.
 
I'm also coming up on my year-mark in about 3 months. Is that weird to anyone else? My time is flying by so fast and I won't really be able to get it back... It makes me a bit sad sometimes, but missions are certainly worth it.

Hope y'all have a great week! Love ya!

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment