Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Week 35: Time Flies...

 February 23, 2015

Mending Fences


Hey everyone!

I'm excited (and a little nervous) to say that after next week, I will have been on my mission for 8 months! It's weird... But we're still working hard, and still having a lot of fun!
We having been teaching a lot of lessons, and most of our investigators are progressing, even if that progression is a little slow!

We had an experience on Saturday that was an answer to a prayer. We had a service project at 7am and a lesson at 10am; however, we weren't able to prepare for the lesson because the service project went a little too long. Elder Mingo and I had decided to teach the Word of Wisdom, but I was definitely worried since didn't get to role play. We made it to the appointment and started talking to our investigators. Dan (the investigator's name) said before we showed up, he was reading in Section 89 of the Doctrine and Covenants (the Word of Wisdom). I couldn't believe it, mostly because we hadn't asked him to read it. He read the section out loud to us, and started asking us questions about it. Then I said, "Well, since that was the lesson we came to teach, we clearly don't need to teach it." Dan laughed and called it "divine intervention". That was definitely a miracle, even if a small one.
The service project that we did on Saturday morning involved putting up a non-member woman's wire fence that had gotten knocked over during the flood. That was fun because I was able to work with tools that I have never heard of before (like a comealong winch)... I'm sure everyone else knew what that was.  The project took a while, but it definitely was fun working with our ward members to put the fence back up!

I signed me and my companion up to help kill a cow this week. I'm anxious, but I have to try it at least once before I leave Logandale!

We also ate with a family who makes Alligator Jelly. It's a mix between pomegranates and jalapenos and it's awesome. If you ever go to Logandale, buy some!

I found a scripture in Mosiah that I thought was awesome! It's in Mosiah 23:9-11--

 But remember the iniquity of king Noah and his priests; and I myself was caught in a snare, and did many things which were abominable in the sight of the Lord, which caused me sore repentance;
 10 Nevertheless, after much tribulation, the Lord did hear my cries, and did answer my prayers, and has made me an instrument in his hands in bringing so many of you to a knowledge of his truth.
 11 Nevertheless, in this I do not glory, for I am unworthy to glory of myself.
I don't usually recognize enough that the good things that happen while I'm working aren't because of me, they happen because Heavenly Father sees fit to bless His missionaries as they do the work that they have been asked to do!

Have a great week everyone!


Elder Jones

Fencing Service Project Attendees



Alligator Jelly

No comments:

Post a Comment