Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 38 - Best teaching week of my mission!

Hey everyone!
I hope y'all are having a great week (I've gone pretty redneck since I've been here, as you could tell).
I probably had the best teaching week of my mission! We taught 13 lessons to investigators and less-actives (it would be more if I factored in the lessons taught to active members). Numbers aren't supposed to matter, but it really was a good week.
We taught Dan and Pat about temples and family history work. Dan didn't quite get it at first, but Pat (who has been doing family history research for over 40 years) told us she realized why she'd been doing it all that time. She told us that she potentially has over 4000 names of people whose work could get done for them. That was really awesome!
 
After helping the local butcher cut up some meat, we went to a restaurant called Sugar's. This place has some seriously oversized food. I ordered the pancakes. What I got was 3 pancakes the almost the size of plates that were almost a half-inch thick each. My stomach did not feel too good after that.
One of the counselors in our mission presidency referred me to a scripture in D+C 101 that talks about Abrahamic trials. Apparently, we will all have one at some point in our lives. After I read that, I found another scripture on the same topic.
 
 
In D&C 132:50, the Lord says,
Behold, I have seen your sacrifices, and will forgive all your sins; I have seen your sacrifices in obedience to that which I have told you. Go, therefore, and I make a way for your escape, as I accepted the offering of Abraham of his son Isaac.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Sometimes things don't go our way and they're hard, but the Lord will provide a way for each of us to escape. This is the promise made to us as long as we are obedience. Obedience really is a sacrifice.
Have a great week!

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment