Monday, December 29, 2014

Week 27 - Happy New Year!

Hey everyone!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. It definitely was fun to be able to Skype home with my family, and to talk with them. What wasn't exciting was having to hang up...
However, it is exciting to start a new year! We have been asked by our mission president to sacrifice things that are holding us back from being consecrated missionaries. The new year gives all of us the same opportunity; to change something so that we can become more devoted to our Heavenly Father and to Jesus Christ. I know that if I follow that counsel and show my love for God by sacrificing something, that I will be able to feel the Spirit more effectively in my work! I can promise the same for each of you.

Since Christmas we've been able to see some neat things happen. We went to visit a less-active in one of our wards, but ended up teaching a non-member who is now one of our investigators. He's a 19 year-old kid with a smoking problem. The Spirit was interesting in that lesson because Elder Crabb and I felt like we should promise him that as long as he kept meeting with us, that he wouldn't want to smoke anymore. At the end of lesson, he pulled out his cigarettes and said that he could already feel that promise working. I was super excited! I'm glad to be able to be apart of this Work!
Anyway, I hope you all have a happy new year! Keep in touch!
Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment