Thursday, December 18, 2014

Week 25 - Almost Christmas

Elder Crabb
 Friends and Family,
It's crazy to think about it, but I have already been serving a mission for almost 6 months. I just can't fathom how fast the time goes. I blink and it's just gone.

All in all, I have had a really awesome week! It's rained a bunch this past week, so my companion Elder Crabb and I have sloshed along in the mud while tracting several times. My shoes pretty much got caked with mud. It makes me look like I work hard ;)

Rain tracting is fun, but it makes it even better if you have a good companion. Elder Crabb is awesome. When we do missionary work, it's really fun because we can just laugh and enjoy each other's company from appointment to appointment. To be truthful, companions really can make or break your mission! If both missionaries are on the same page, so many things can get done!


Since our priority for this month is to hand out the He is the Gift pass along cards, we have made it our focus to hand out 10 a day. For missionaries in Vegas, 10 cards should take no time. But here in Logandale, it's an ordeal. One day this past week, we handed out cards from 10:30am all the way to 6:45pm. It was definitely hard, but one of our APs put it best when he quoted D+C 58:27 to us upon hearing about our day:

Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;

Although we don't have too many investigators now, we are working as hard as we can to find people to teach. My testimony has grown, especially as we've contacted more less-actives and potential investigators this past week than my entire time here.

Yesterday in church, a lady walked up to me and said, "Zachary Jones!" The fact that anyone knew my name caught me off guard. Turns out that she is the close friend to my great-Aunt Darlene. It's always cool when you run into connections like that.

I love you all! Make sure to write and let me know how you all are doing. I hope you all have a merry Christmas!


Love,

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment