Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 24 - Lots of work=Lots of fun!

 

Hey family and friends!
My companion and I have had a really exhausting week. Elder Crabb is the district leader, so he is supposed to go on companion exchanges with everyone in the district! Unfortunately, we had three days of exchanges back-to-back-to-back. That was a really long three days, but we were able to get a ton of stuff done.
On Wednesday, we hit the ground running. We contacted 6 referrals and gained several new potential investigators. On Thursday, we did the same thing and ended up contacting 4 different referrals. On Friday, I went on exchanges with my Zone Leader Elder Kennedy and we worked in his area. Everyday, my companions and I would tract and hand out 10 of the He is the Gift Christmas cards. After we went home, I was just about finished. I pretty much went to sleep as quickly as possible.
However, the work continued into Saturday as we helped a non-member lady move into our ward (she's a potential investigator) around 8 am. Then we helped one of our wards set up for the Christmas party. We had the Christmas party around 6 pm that night, but we left early to hand out our 10 cards for the day.
It's so fun being a missionary when there are things to do. When there aren't, it can be pretty brutal, but as long as you keep a good attitude about the whole thing and then work hard, the Lord will help you to feel satisfied with the work that you're doing.
I hope you've all been utilizing the new He is the Gift video! We've had a lot of cool opportunities in sharing that!
Have a great week!

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment