Monday, May 18, 2015

Week 47: Ipads & Chickens!

May 18, 2015

Hey everybody!


I hope you all are doing great! I forgot to mention in some of my previous emails that our mission is getting I-Pads. That is exciting because of all that is coming with it. They really are going to open up so many avenues in which we will be able to do missionary work! I'm really excited for it.


We've had an interesting week of sorts. It's crazy to see the difference in investigators. We have a lot of different people who we are currently teaching. I've met so many people that it makes me happy to see people get excited about the Gospel. It also makes me really sad when investigators decide that they don't want what we have. We had an investigator who I've been teaching for 6 months and have seen lots of progression from decide today that she doesn't want to continue the lessons because she felt that we pushed her too hard to pray at the end of a lesson and she doesn't want to pray at the end of a lesson. Things like that are hard. Although it's hard, people have their agency. The other side of it is that we have 2 new investigators in the family of the little boy that we baptized last week. We invited them to be baptized and they are thinking about it. There are definitely 2 sides to every coin.


I was able to help pluck and gut chickens this past week. Logandale is chalk-full of experiences that I probably never would have had were I not on my mission right now. I know that the Lord needs me here and that He needs me now. I still have a lot left to learn but I'm learning consistently.

I'm coming up on my year mark in about 6 weeks. That's nuts!
 
I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me and my companion as we continue to be diligent in the Work. It really is a unique opportunity.

Have a great week!

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment