Monday, May 11, 2015

Week 46: Mother's Day was Awesome!

May 11, 2015
Hey everyone!

Happy Mothers' Day to all the mothers out there! I really hope you all enjoyed the day.

It was nice being able to talk to my mom and family yesterday, although hanging up that phone is never easy. Getting to call home only twice a year is hard, but I am beginning to understand why it is that way. I would be terribly homesick and distracted if I got to call whenever I wanted. That would be no fun.
 
Another Baptism
We had another awesome teaching week! Things are going great in our areas, and I am happy and glad to be here. We had another baptism this past weekend. The kid baptized is 10 years-old and is a ball of energy. He is now the only member in his immediate family. The fellowshippers are his neighbors who also happen to be his aunt and uncle. He is a really fun kid. I had the opportunity to speak at his baptism and I just felt happy the entire time. It really was amazing! The Spirit was really strong. It was also Elder Rathjen's first time baptizing somebody, so it was special for a lot of reasons.

A funny story happened when we were driving down the road and we saw a whole bunch of palm trees on fire (sorry seminary class ;)). Elder Rathjen and I got out of the car thinking there was a major problem going on, but we walked up to the guy setting the trees and fire. He looked at us, and with a big grin on his face, said, "I've lived here for 11 years, and I haven't thought of doing this till now!" Apparently, you're supposed to clean off palm trees every now and again. This was his way of "cleaning off" the palm trees. We scored a return appointment with the guy tomorrow.

I hope you all have a great week! Make sure to write :)

Love,

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment