Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 30 - Cool experiences in the past week!

January 19, 2015


Hey everyone,

I have had some cool experiences in the past week. One of those was a lesson which we had with our investigators Dan and Pat. Do you remember the major flood that wiped out part of I-15 here in Nevada back in September? The missionaries met Dan and Pat after the flood was over, and they needed help to fix their yard pretty bad. We finally started teaching them the missionary lessons this past week, and we set them with a baptismal date. Pat said yes, but Dan didn't come right out and tell us that he would; however, he asked the member that we brought with us to baptize him! We took that as a commitment and are helping them work  towards that date.


The other neat experience was we were able to bring our investigator Rick with us to church yesterday. He's a 19 year-old kid, a bit of a trouble-maker, and still in high school. We were worried that he wouldn't get along with the ward, but he knew several of the young men and young women from school. It turned out perfect! He went to priests' quorum with us and participated quite a bit more than the other priests. It was nice, especially since the invitation to church is usually the hardest to help people follow through on.


Other than that, we are still working with that young couple to help them want to get married and quit smoking. We have dinner with them tonight, and a lesson with them on Wednesday. We will start the church-sponsored Stop Smoking program with them then. Hopefully they feel enough of the Spirit so that they can want to change.

I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father and to Jesus Christ who have allowed me to serve in such a great part of the world. The more and more that I'm here, the more I feel like I'm supposed to be here. I love my mission, and I wouldn't trade this time for anything. I just want to let you all know that I have seen my testimony grow and change. Although I'm not perfect, I am really beginning to know Christ. He is the Savior of the world, and I've only noticed some of the changes in myself that have come from using the Atonement. There are probably lots more changes that I haven't noticed.

Because Mom and Dad asked, I also have some cool pictures to send. I'll tell you about the freezer one. Some Elders in our district received a large food donation of ice cream sandwiches and milk. We were stocked up on that stuff for days! It was hilarious.

Anyway I hope you all have a great week. And if you have time, send me a letter and let me know how you are doing. 

Love,

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment