Saturday, July 12, 2014

Last Week at the MTC!

Hey family!

I hope you all know I'm still missing you, but the homesick feeling is starting to fade a little bit. As far as my week has been, the MTC is amazing! There have been so many opportunities to learn and grow, and honestly, I'm a little sad that I'm leaving here on Monday. I'm just not exactly sure I'm ready for it yet, but oh well... It's coming anyway!

To start off, Sunday was interesting for being my first fast Sunday as a missionary. I actually had to fast 24 hours for once! I learned a lot about restraining myself. Later that night, we were instructed to watch an MTC devotional that Elder Bednar gave a couple years ago called "The Character of Christ". I highly recommend you all watch it because it is so geared toward what it really means to be a missionary as well as becoming like the Savior. You should also see it for Elder Bednar's cookie monster impression; it is just hilarious.

The rest of the week has just been one long ride. I went to my classes with my district, and had lots of other meetings. On Tuesday, we were privileged enough to have a devotional from Elder Andersen. It was awesome being able to see him in person! His topic was "Things that are not seen". He talked a lot about the Holy Ghost, and I've been thinking about some of the things he said. I just hope I can apply all of that as a missionary.

My companion and I also had the opportunity to teach the role-play investigators that they have employed here. The woman we taught was a Korean lady named Kyung-Min Kim. We called her K-min for short. That was definitely good practice for the mission field. One of the other practices we did was with our teacher Sister King. She was role-playing as an investigator she met while serving in Brazil. Some how, some way, the Spirit literally took over the lesson. After the lesson when Sister King evaluated us, she asked us, "Elders, what just happened?" And the funny thing was we couldn't really answer that question in that moment ourselves. I really want experiences like that.
Yesterday, we had a nine hour class block to learn about things like street contacting and member support. I also met one of the missionaries from those district videos, Brother Christensen. He was one of my teachers yesterday and I had a lot of fun learning from him.

It's also good to here that Michael Madsen and Jordan Yano are home. If either of them have any advice, it would be much appreciated!

Well I hope everything at home is going well. I miss you all and love you very much! I'm also not sure, but I might be able to email on Monday, seeing that it is p-day so we'll see!

Love you lots!
Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment