Saturday, July 5, 2014

4th of July 2014


On Saturday, July 5, 2014 10:07 AM, Zachary Jones <zjones@myldsmail.net> wrote:










Oh! I forgot to tell you that the 4th of July celebration was awesome! We went into the gym around 7:30 and were able to listen to patriotic musical numbers and a devotional speaker who talked about freedom and how Christ (like the American flag) is our symbol of freedom. It was a different perspective and I am glad I was able to hear it.


Then President Roach (second counselor in the MTC presidency) announced that we would be watching 17 Miracles as a campus. I've that movie so many times at home, but it never exactly hit me what our ancestors went through to help us have the Gospel. It was a very touching experience. 

Then, we were allowed to break curfew to go watch the BYU stadium of fire fireworks display from the parking lot. One of the Elders I sat next to in the gym told me that nights like those never happen at the MTC. I guess I just got lucky!
Love you lots!



Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment