Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 95: We're Getting Tons of Blessings

4/25/16

Hey everyone!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I had a great day yesterday. It's always nice to know there are those that are aware of you!

As far as missionary work is concerned, our investigators are doing great. Jackie is still set for May 7th. Those kids who are waiting to get baptized still need their adoption papers to get finalized. Our recent converts in the Silverstone ward are the best! Elder Ernst and I are enjoying this companionship. We are teaching a lot! We are learning even more! The most important thing: the Lord is in the details!

We had a wonderful day at church yesterday! The sacrament was great, of course. The best part of going to church was seeing how many of our investigators came and actually enjoyed it! Sister Verley, the lady who got baptized in February, spoke in sacrament meeting, along with her husband. They are such an amazing couple. Brother Verley bore sincere testimony of how returning to activity in the church has changed his life forever. They also hinted that they will be sealed in the temple in July 2017. I hope I get to go! 

I also had the opportunity to speak in one of the 3 sacrament meetings we attended. This was probably the first time in awhile that I realized that I, ironically, enjoy public speaking. It's weird how comfortable you feel at the pulpit when you spend enough time there. Missionaries get their fair share; believe me.

I found a scripture this morning that I really enjoyed:


"And now, my brethren, I desire that ye shall plant this word in your hearts, and as it beginneth to swell even so nourish it by your faith. And behold, it will become a tree, springing up in you unto everlasting life. And then may God grant unto you that your burdens may be light, through the joy of his Son. And even all this can ye do if ye will. Amen." (Alma 33:23)

It's good to know that because of the Savior, we can have joy and our burdens can be light!

Love you! Have a great week!

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment