Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 93: Families can be together forever!

4/11/16

Hey everyone!

Hope y'all are doing well! I always have to remember that when the days get long, that life is pretty short. Sure, we'll all be able to enjoy the eternities forever; but then again, God also wants us to enjoy mortality together. I have been able to have moments on my mission that have both played into the moment and into the eternities.

We had a really good last week of the transfer! It is getting a little scary for sure, with this being my last full transfer. Elder Anderson ended up being transferred and my new companion is Elder Ernst. I served around him in my last area. He has been out for about 9 months. He is from New York! I'm pretty excited to be his companion this should be a good transfer.

Last week, Elder Anderson and I were able to do a lot. I went with Dan and Pat to their endowment and temple sealing last week! That was amazing. The spirit was so strong. It was great to see them, as well as everyone else from Logandale. We also were able to baptize one of our investigators. His name is Eric. He was the one who had been taking the lessons for a long time and finally decided to get baptized. That was pretty awesome. He seems so happy now that he has been baptized and confirmed. 


Another really cool experience was that Elder Anderson and some other missionaries taught Jackie while I was at the temple on Tuesday. They set her with a date for baptism on May 7th and she was apparently quite excited for it! We were worried because she didn't make it to church yesterday, and so we went to visit her. She said she had intentionally missed church to go tell her pastor that she has decided to be baptized as a Mormon because she wants to be happy. She has been consistently reading the Book of Mormon, too! This transfer has a lot of potential in terms of how many people we will be able to baptize! I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has allowed me to be here. Las Vegas West = the best!

I hope you all have a wonderful week! 
,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment