Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 82: Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts

1/25/16


Hey everyone!

Hope everything is going well for y'all! I'm glad to hear so many great things are happening.

My week was really good. I get along great with Elder Anderson! We definitely have different personalities and different ways of doing things, but we're making it work. We are teaching a handful of people who are all progressing toward baptism. I mentioned Janeen last week, but also the children of that recent convert who I mentioned last week. We also had another cool experience. A member of one of our wards just adopted 4 kids. They texted us that, and said 2 of the 4 will need the missionary lessons. They are 9 and 10, and they are crazy! They are being adopted from another LDS family, so they already have a good understanding of the Gospel. Heavenly Father definitely blessed us with that opportunity.

We had a worldwide missionary broadcast on Wednesday that was given by members of the Missionary Executive Committee. My favorite part was in the talk by Elder Neil L. Anderson who talked about how we always need to have the name of Christ in our hearts and on our lips. He said, "Because of the Restoration, you and I know more about the Savior than anyone else." I was amazed by his comments and I really felt a desire to fulfill my purpose as a missionary by inviting others to come unto Christ. It's really not about us, or about anything we do, so long as Jesus Christ is at the forefront of our thoughts, words, and deeds. I really hope that those of us who are on missions never really go home from our missions. We will always need to keep that missionary
mentality in order to do the Lord's work.

Hope y'all have a great week! I always love to hear how each of you are doing!

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment