Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 73: "Companion"less (instead of the song "Homeless" by Michael McLean)

11/23/15





Hey everyone!

Things have been pretty much crazy anyway. I am currently companionless. Elder Palmer ditched me ;) He got a call from President Ahlander on Saturday telling him to meet him in his office. Turns out that President asked him to be his new assistant. He was told to pack his bags and move into the APs apartment. So I am currently in a trio with whichever missionaries in my zone that I feel like pairing off with. It wasn't too surprising that Elder Palmer is AP, but I'm sad he's gone...

Other than that the week has been fun! We have been teaching a very large amount, and even picked up a new investigator! This investigators's name is Mark, and he is awesome!! He is dating a member of the Ridges ward. She invited him to the ward trunk or treat, to church, and to a fireside put on by our stake president President Teshima. He is currently interested in learning and understanding the gospel. He wants to take the lessons without her present so that he can do it for the right reasons, which I think is admirable. It just goes to show the importance of member missionary work.

We also taught a lesson to Andy. His progress has slowed down significantly, in part because he is getting caught up on some really unimportant questions about doctrines that don't necessarily pertain to his salvation.  I'm praying super hard that his questions get answered somehow.

We had a lot of meetings this week. We had the mission tour with Elder Corbridge on Monday and then zone conference on Wednesday. We have spent a lot of time in doors. But it hasn't been for a bad reason! I have learned so much from my leaders, mostly about humility. I'm sending home a quote from President Monson that I just love! I hope enjoy it.

Hope y'all have a great week!



Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment