Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 72: Craziness, Just Absolute Craziness!

11/16/15




Hey everyone!

I hope y'all are having a great week and that y'all are able to enjoy the blessings that you receive on a regular basis! Just as a preface, we almost haven't had time to breathe the past week, again with meetings and exchanges with other missionaries. Overall, the busyness of life makes life that much more satisfying 😁

Again, super sorry about not writing yesterday! We had a mission tour yesterday with Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge of the first quorum of a the seventy. It was a truly spiritual day, being able to receive trainings from president and sister Ahlander, as well as from Elder and Sister Corbridge. Everything was very focused on understanding the Atonement. Elder Palmer and I were there from 7:30am to around 5pm because the mission tour was being hosted at our stake building, meaning we had to set up and take down all the tables and chairs. We also cleaned the building on Sunday night to prepare for the tour. Elder Corbridge was meeting with President Ahlander, the APs, and the stake high council missionary representatives at our building while we were cleaning, so we were able to get some pictures with him. That is who is in the first picture that I sent. I don't think anyone else in the mission got pictures with him!

Last week, we did a bunch of exchanges with the missionaries in our zone! In doing those exchanges, I was able to help 2 really good missionaries with some of their struggles. It feels really good to be able to have many opportunities to help investigators and missionaries!

This past week, I've been reflecting on my weaknesses and how exactly the Lord's Atonement covers them! I feel so grateful that He can forgive me, even when I am so inconsistent and imperfect. I'm excited for this week and how I can do better. 

I read this scripture today:

23 Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me.
D&C 19:23

This made me feel a lot better. I hope it helps you too!

Have a great week!

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment