Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 66 Conference was Great!

10/5/15

Hey mom and dad,

Just want you to know that things are going well for me and that I'm so glad that you all had such a fun week! I love when things get busy because that gives me no time to think about myself; we are always on the move, whether that's in our area or hoping our zone.

We have this investigator that we are teaching named Andy, and he is super awesome. We met him outside of his house one evening while we were walking. We have taught him numerous lessons so far. He has taken quite an interest in the church over the past couple weeks. He has prayed about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and has had some really cool experiences. He even taped conference this weekend so he could watch. What is even better is that our bishop invited him to come to his house for the Sunday Morning session of conference. We went too, and it was such a spiritual experience, especially when the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang "The Spirit of God". He says he is not ready to be baptized yet, but he fits in so well with our ward it's crazy! We are going to keep teaching him, and try to help him see the need to be baptized.

I think that the conference session that I enjoyed the most was the Priesthood Session. Everything in that session was so on point and direct that I just felt good knowing that these men are truly called of God. I think that the talks that I really enjoyed were Elder Renlund's talk and President Eyring's Sunday morning talk. I loved this quote by Elder Renlund, "To effectively serve others, we must see them through a parent’s eyes, through Heavenly Father’s eyes. Only then can we comprehend the true worth of a soul. Only then can we sense the love that Heavenly Father has for all of His children. Only then can we sense the Savior’s caring concern for them. We cannot completely fulfill our covenant obligation to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those who stand in need of comfort unless we see them through God’s eyes. This expanded perspective will open our hearts to disappointments, fears, and heartaches of others. But Heavenly Father will aid and comfort us. … We need to have eyes that see, ears that hear, and hearts that know and feel if we are to accomplish the rescue so frequently encouraged by President Thomas S. Monson."

Sorry that this letter is a little rushed. We went hiking in Redrock canyon this morning (I will have pictures next week) and there is a significant lack of time! I'm trying though! I love you both a lot!

Love,

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment