Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 41: Baptisms are Great!

Elder Rathjen, Pat, Elder Jones, and Dan

April 6, 2015

Hey everyone!

I hope y'all enjoyed conference. I loved pretty much every talk. There were a couple of talks that stood out to me, but my favorite was definitely Elder Holland's talk about the need for the Atonement and Resurrection as a result of the Fall of Adam and Eve!

 The baptisms for Dan and Pat happened in between the first and second session of conference. It was definitely stressful to go fill up the font, set up the chairs, and then hope everything to go well. Although it was stressful, it was sooooo worth it! The Holy Ghost was definitely present. As Pat got in the water and was baptized, Dan started to sob because he was just so happy for her. Then it was his turn. I had to baptize him twice because his hand was sticking out of the water the first time. It didn't bother him; he pretty much boasted about having to be dunked twice. It was such a neat experience and I have been blessed to be a part of it. You definitely feel blessed when your investigators tell you that if you hadn't been there, that they might not have gotten baptized.

Everything else is going great! I'm loving my mission and I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to have such experiences. I know my emails are getting a little shorter and shorter, but I am coming to enjoy the spiritual experiences more than anything else. My testimony is continuing to grow and that is a change that I notice.

The other pics: I had a staring contest with a Lion and stuck my head in a crocodile's mouth. Yeah it's weird, but was definitely worth it for the pics.

Sure do love all of you! Keep in touch!

Elder Jones










 

No comments:

Post a Comment