Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Week 20: Work in Progress


10 November 2014

Hey everyone,

I hope you all have had a great week! 

This week was one of those weeks in which Heavenly Father had a lot to teach me. A lot of the days I felt a bit frustrated as to why our area struggles. Is it just a slow area? Is it my companion's fault? Is it my fault? Having a slower area in a high-baptizing mission like this one can be fairly discouraging. It sometimes makes you question why you're out serving a mission. I prayed a lot for help, for improvement in the area, and improvement in my attitude. 

It was funny because one morning I was reading through the footnotes of a scripture and the footnotes took me all the way to D&C 67:10, in which the Lord says:

10 And again, verily I say unto you that it is your privilege, and a promise I give unto you that have been ordained unto this ministry, that inasmuch as you strip yourselves from jealousies and fears, and humble yourselves before me, for ye are not sufficiently humble, the veil shall be rent and you shall see me and know that I amnot with the carnal neither natural mind, but with the spiritual.

Isn't that a cool promise? He says that we, like the Brother of Jared, will eventually be able to see him if we rid ourselves of every ounce of pride, doubt, and fear that we have. It probably won't be now; it might not even be in this life, but one day, if we have used the Savior's Atonement to the fullest extent that we possibly can, we will see him. I'm so grateful that my Father in Heaven loves me enough to give me comfort and counsel in order to answer my prayers.

In other news, we were also able to set a former investigator with a baptismal date! She said if she knows that the Church is true then she will be baptized. 

We also had the opportunity to watch Meet the Mormons at our Zone Conference! That was really awesome. I especially loved the story about the Candy Bomber. I hope we all can find our own unique ways to give service like he did!

I love you all; be safe and keep in touch!

Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment