Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 102: Last week in the mission field? Weird.

6/13/16

Hey everyone!


I look back and wonder where the time went! The past two years have gone incredibly fast, but I am very grateful to Heavenly Father for allowing me the chance to serve in the Nevada Las Vegas West Mission. The people here are so great. I am going to miss it... In a lot of ways I feel torn up inside, especially with weeks like this one when so many great things happen!

My last week was great! We found another lady to teach that had previously been taught by some other missionaries in our zone. She had stopped meeting with the missionaries, but one night, we were walking around the park at like 8:50pm and ran into her. It was funny because as we were talking to her, the park security guard came up behind us to tell us to kick us out of the park for soliciting. We told him that we weren't soliciting, so he left, but then he came back to try to kick us out again when the lady said, "I'm a member, back off!" It was hilarious because 1) she isn't a member and 2) it took the security guard by total surprise. She wants to get baptized next month on her birthday!

I also went to our departing temple trip this past week! I got to ride up to the temple with President and Sister Ahlander! It was great spending time with them. They have been so good to me.

Remember: "Press forward with a steadfastness in Christ" and never stop!

Thanks again for what all of you have done for me!

Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment