Monday, July 20, 2015

Week 55: Last Week of the Transfer! Lots and Lots of Miracles to Report for the Week!

July 20, 2015

Hey everyone!

My bad for not writing last week! Things got crazy and I ended up not having time to email. I suppose that is a good problem for a missionary to have!

I have lots and lots of miracles to report for the week.
First miracle - On Wednesday, we ended up teaching 5 lessons. In addition to that, I got permission from my zone leaders to swing by my ward mission leader from my first area to make some pizzas. He helped us to make a bunch of pizzas and then just go deliver them to the people we are currently teaching. We delivered 7 pizzas in 30 minutes and went back to his place. When we got there, he gave us 7 more to deliver! Our investigators loved seeing us running around with a bag of pizza boxes and wearing aprons. We even street contacted a little bit with them. It was such a fun and funny proselyting activity.

Another miracle - our bishop referred us to a family of 8 who wants to join the church! They are definitely elect. They accepted the invitation to be baptized and are keeping all the commitments we have given them. They stayed up till 1 am reading the BoM as family. They
also are willing to completely change their lifestyles upon being baptized. They are so awesome and I am super pumped to teach them. They are set to be baptized on September 19th.



Next miracle - we had the baptism of two kids we have been teaching over the past 6 weeks. The mom is a less active and the dad a nonmember. They were so fun to teach and seeing them get baptized made it all worth it. I am also confident that they will stay active because they have a good mom.


Last miracle - I went tracting while on splits with my elders quorum president last night. We knocked on the door of a guy we have met before. We showed him a video, and asked if we could come back. He was
a little reluctant, but he agreed! It has only been a few weeks since we last met im so I'm wondering what changed. We will find out this
h Wednesday at the appointment!

I feel so blessed to be a part of such a fruitful area. With the end of the transfer coming up, I'm nervous to see what will happen. Hopefully Elder Sutton and I will stay together for the next transfer, but it is whatever the Lord wants. 


It is his work, after all!

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment