Sunday, February 15, 2015

Week 33 - Transfers... Will Miss Elder Crabb!





Hey everyone!

Since today is transfers, I thought I would update you all on what's happening. Elder Crabb is getting transferred and will become a zone leader. I'm staying in Logandale as a trainer (and District Leader)! I'm getting a new missionary! To think that I was in his place 7 months ago is mind boggling to me a bit, but it is certainly exciting to be able to be a good influence on my new companion, whoever he is (I won't find out till later today). I am sad that Elder Crabb is leaving, but I'm sure that training will be a lot of fun!

One funny thing that happened was we hit a rabbit with our car. If you were wondering, it's dead. Elder Crabb told me to go back so we could look at it. Some Elders in our district have been setting traps to catch some rabbits, but haven't had any luck. We called them and asked if they wanted it. They said yes so Elder Crabb picked it up with a piece of paper, put it in a plastic bag, and took it home. We gave it to those Elders, who skinned it and plan on eating it today.

We had several cool things happen. We set another investigator with baptism in April. We also had a couple lessons with two of the people we set a few weeks ago (Dan & Pat). In that lesson, they were pretty much teaching us the Plan of Salvation. Dan even knew that the Fall of Adam & Eve was part of God's plan, and most people don't know that unless we tell them. They talked about all things being part of God's plan the entire lesson, but when taught them about the three degrees of glory, Dan didn't believe it. He said he wasn't sure that he could believe it, but then Pat cut in and said, "It's His plan, not your's Dan!" We busted out laughing. It was awesome! Pat offered to say the prayer, and she got so emotional. She thanked God for having us come into their lives. She started to cry, and Dan had to comfort her. These people are so prepared; I'm just glad to teach them!


I love this place. Since the training program is 12 weeks, I'll be here for two more transfers. I'm excited to see what happens with all of our investigators since 6 out of the 8 we have are set for baptism.






I love missionary work. I love Heavenly Father who is definitely helping us with our missionary work. I know that Christ lives! I know that His Atonement is real. I need to use it (the Atonement) everyday, but as I use it, I feel more and more satisfied with the work I'm doing. Sometimes, I really do feel like I'm changing a little bit. I actually love these people, and that's because I've gotten to know them. Because of that, I really want to see these people come to the Savior. Missionary work makes me happy 

Love you all, keep in touch!

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment